This morning my baby attended Nursery for the very first time. Some moms may consider this the greatest Mother's Day gift ever, but for me it was a moment of sad reality - may baby is growing up. Layne was nice to remind me that she didn't have to go to Nursery today, but I decided I have to the face the facts sooner or later, so she went. I carried her in, set her down, and she saw a familiar face (Addy), then glimpsed the puzzles setting on the table just beyond her friend, and darted for a spot at the table just-her-size with a small chair that was just-her-size too. Layne told me after church that he "checked in on her" between classes and she was sitting at the table between two little boys, just as if she'd been there numerous times. Layne said it was like seeing 18 years pass by instead of just 18 months.
I can only imagine how much fun she had. And you can imagine how much of the Sunday School lesson I actually heard! Certainly a Mother's Day I'll always remember.
3 comments:
Hello Kristy! I saw your blog on Stephanie's and then I saw your baby ticker in the corner - Congratulations! That is exciting news! When are you due? Do you know what you are having yet? I still can't believe Julia is 18 months old - it seems like we were just at your baby shower.
What a great Mother's Day - and to even be able to listen to the lessons!! There's part of me that is excited to have the kids go to nursery and then I'm like you too, sad because their growing up! BTW, I see that CONGRATULATIONS are in order from your "baby countdown." That's so exciting! When are you due?? I hope you are feeling well and everything is going alright with you guys. Take care!
isn't it so crazy! i remember wanting to just watch him and see how he interacted with everything. it's a strange feeling going from every minute under your watchful eye to see them grow up and go off on their own.
by the way.....i don't think i knew you were pregnant until the last time mike talked to layne!! how did that happen?? (i know how it happened, i mean how did i not know!) when do you find out what you're having?? so exciting!
Post a Comment