Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What's Worse?

Having two kids with pink eye and ear infections and a cold OR having a cold myself and discovering today that I also have pink eye? Maybe it's that we're moving in one week and we don't have a house to move into? Or perhaps it's planning on selling our couch on craigslist and the lady never showed up? And then there's always the part about having some of your close friends move away in the past year and just feeling sad. To top it off, Layne is sick too. And now I have to throw away a brand new pair of contacts that I just opened yesterday, since I now have pink eye. (Can you sense I'm not happy about having pink eye - the first time in my entire life!)

Okay, I'm done complaining. It could be worse. Much worse.

The upside of things is that slowly we are getting things packed, I'm hoping to find time to get my hair done one last time, the weather is cooler than it was three years ago when we moved here at this same time of the year, I'm planning on attending a dinner with Layne this week (so long as my pink eye is on the mend), there's still a chance that the couch can sell, and my loving sister-in-law and mother-in-law have, and continue, to look for a place for us to move into. I finished the laundry today, cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen, scheduled an oil change for the car, and get to laugh and hold my two adorable kids. They both love to be held when they don't feel 100 percent.

Life is good.

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh, pink eye is awful! And what a week for it! Our truck is coming any minute and I'm about to loose my mind - I have SO much to do before 7:00 when the guys will load it up. I can't believe we're all leaving this week!

Tawnya said...

You do have room to complain! Pink eye all around! That is just terrible!

Stephanie said...

You should just come live with us until you find a place... :) It'd be an easy commute.

Jessie said...

Hope everyone feels better soon! Good luck with the move!

Lorin said...

So Sorry to hear that you are all sick! That's not fun, especially when you want to pack, say goodbye to friends, etc, etc. Hope you get better soon.....we can't wait to see you all the time!!!! YAY!

Andi

Chelsea said...

Oh Kristi! I'm so sorry! Do the kids want to come over (as long as they aren't contagious still) even if it's just so you can sit and relax? We're going to miss you! What day are you leaving? Is it Wed? I just don't think I can stand having you, Heather, AND Heidi leaving me so quickly. I feel naked!

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

Oh Kristi - Pink eye is the worst! We all had it at our house at Christmas time and it just kept going around and around. After I got it for the 3rd time I threw out all my eye makeup and that did it - I finally got rid of it for good. Good luck with the move! We are going to miss you guys being here. And good luck finding a place to live!

Brady and Kariann said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you've all been sick!! Hope you get better soon. Brady graduates on the 26th and we are leaving on the 29th!! We have not sold the house yet, but we are keeping our fingers crossed. When are you guys leaving and where are you moving too? What are Layne's plans as far as ortho goes? Hope all is well with you and your family. Good luck with everything!!

Heidi Miller said...

No Way! Oh Kristi. I wish I was there to help. Alex does too for that matter. The Julia talk never ends.