Tuesday, December 9, 2008
No Santa This Year
This weekend we had our ward Christmas party. I'd been prepping Julia for a couple days, telling her about Santa and how if she sat on his lap she'd get a treat. I thought that perhaps she was ready for the big night because during our conversations she'd point to each hand saying, "This hand and this hand." (Referring to being given a treat in each hand). She'd even say, "Ho, Ho, Ho." But I knew things would not go over well the moment Santa entered the gym and she just starred at him and watched his every move. The excitement in her face had vanished. I ended up holding her while Austin sat on Santa's lap. (Austin didn't mind being held:)
And then Layne tried to convince her to just stand next to him. And that didn't go over well either.
Sorry Santa. Maybe next year. (I think I recall saying that last year too.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Don't feel bad, Maggie still won't sit on Santa's lap. I've tried everything bribes, threats, etc. and still no success. I liken it to potty training...if all else fails, leave them alone and they eventually come around. :)
The pictures are still adorable, though! :)
I personally think those fake santa's are creepy too!!!
Cole did it this year but was very unsure about it. Of course the camera battery died minutes before he got to Santa so we missed his very nervous smile. It will take some time for most kids to like "Santa" in person.
I love the picture with her hand on her face. Hilarious! Like she was saying Oh dad, this is too much!
Post a Comment